LiveDeal, Inc. Releases Android App for livedeal.com in Google Play StoreApril 01, 2014
LAS VEGAS, NV—April 1, 2014 - LiveDeal Inc. (NASDAQ: LIVE) ("LiveDeal" or the "Company"), a publicly traded company that operates livedeal.com, a geo-location based mobile marketing platform that enables restaurants to publish “real-time” and “instant offers” to nearby consumers, today announced that it has released its Android OS App, which is now available in the Google Play Store. The LiveDeal App provides a unique, real-time "deal engine" connecting merchants with consumers and features an enhanced interface enabling restaurants to create limited-time offers and publish them immediately or publish them on a preset schedule that is fully customizable for restaurants.
To view the LiveDeal Android App click here: Google Play Store
Jon Isaac, President and CEO of LiveDeal commented; “With the release of our Android App we are now fully functional across the vast majority of mobile platform users who may now take advantage of our popular LiveDeal capabilities. This puts the incredible power of our tools directly into the hands of our growing user base, quite literally.”
The recently released LiveDeal Android App will allow consumers even better access to thousands of restaurant deals that are part of the LiveDeal network. Features include:
- Lightning fast and intuitive navigation
- International Support – users in any city can view deals posted by merchants in their own locale
- GeoLocation – displaying deals in close proximity to the user
- Ability to select and browse deals for locations in certain zip codes or different cities
- Ability to search for different types of deals, whether by restaurant name, location, or deal description.
The company views the release of its Android App as a big step toward the widespread adoption of the Company’s restaurant deal platform due to the popularity of smartphone apps. The use of smartphones in America is extremely popular as indicated in a December 2013 press release from comScore; over 149 million Americans own a smartphone. Google CEO Larry Page recently stated that more than 1.5 million Android devices are being activated each day. In 2013, the company announced that there were more than 900 million Android devices worldwide, and 50 billion apps were downloaded from Google Play last year alone.
Jon Isaac added, “The LiveDeal Android App is a triumph for our customers and new users alike, and the App will strengthen our brand and drive broad-based market share growth. This App will also help to expedite the growth of our audience which will allow us to reach the goals we've set for ourselves even sooner.”
What is livedeal.com?
livedeal.com is a unique, real-time "deal engine" that connects merchants with consumers. The Company believes that it has developed a first-of-its-kind web/mobile platform providing restaurants with full control and flexibility to instantly publish customized offers whenever they wish to attract customers. The website includes a number of user and restaurant-friendly features, including:
- an intuitive interface enabling restaurants to create limited-time offers and publish them immediately or on a preset schedule that is fully customizable;
- state-of-the-art scheduling technology giving restaurants the freedom to choose the days, times and duration of the offers, enabling them to create offers that entice consumers to visit their establishment during their slower periods;
- advanced publishing options allowing restaurants to manage traffic by limiting the number of available vouchers to consumers;
- superior geo-location technology allowing multi-location restaurants to segment offers by location, thereby attracting customers to slower locations while eliminating potential over-crowding at busier sites;
- innovative proprietary restaurant indexing methodology; and
- a user-friendly mobile and desktop web interface allowing consumers to easily browse, download and instantly redeem "live" offers found on livedeal.com based on their location.
Restaurants can sign up to use the LiveDeal platform at the Company's website (www.livedeal.com).
About LiveDeal Inc.
LiveDeal Inc. provides marketing solutions that boost customer awareness and merchant visibility on the Internet. LiveDeal operates a deal engine, which is a service that connects merchants and consumers via an innovative platform that uses geo-location, enabling businesses to communicate real-time and instant offers to nearby consumers. In November 2012, LiveDeal commenced the sale of marketing tools that help local businesses manage their online presence under the Company's Velocity Local™ brand. LiveDeal continues to actively develop, revise, and evaluate these products and services and its marketing strategies and procedures. For more information, visit www.livedeal.com.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
This press release contains "forward-looking" statements that are based on present circumstances and on LiveDeal's predictions with respect to events that have not occurred, that may not occur, or that may occur with different consequences and timing than those now assumed or anticipated. Such forward-looking statements, including any statements regarding the plans and objectives of management for future operations or products, the market acceptance or future success of our products, and our future financial performance, are not guarantees of future performance or results and involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from the events or results described in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are made only as of the date of this release and LiveDeal does not undertake and specifically declines any obligation to update any forward-looking statements. Readers should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements.
Investor Relations Contact:
377 Oak Street
Garden City, NY 11530
310 497 8817 (Mobile)
516 222 2560 (Office)